Learn the techniques of initiation to canyoning
Grieta Aventura offers a complete Level 1 canyoning course, designed for those who want to get started in this activity or those who do canyoning and want to be able to move about by themselves, learning different maneuvers and how to set up a rappel with ropes. They are 2-day, intensive courses, to be able to make the most of the experience, practicing in ravines in the province of Alicante.
The canyoning course level 1 at Grieta Aventura is recommended to acquire a solid base on all the maneuvers necessary in canyoning and will help you climb to level 2 in a safe manner.
The initiation level 1 canyoning course, done by Grieta Aventurain the province of Alicante, offers a wide diversity of spectacular ravines and is one of the best spots to do the canyoning course given that we shall be able to put into practice diverse difficulties and necessities for course practice. Ravine choice will always depend on the time of year and the meteorological conditions. Starting point will be the locality of Benasau (Alicante), from which we shall move around to different spots.
Grieta Aventura will take care of forming groups. Don’t worry about coming by yourself. Take advan.
Grieta Aventura will help you to acquire the knowledge necessary to move along through ravines more safely, teaching you individual progression techniques and the most adequate rope techniques for the practice of canyoning.You will learn the means to be in control and safe about when, where, and how to go about carrying out the activity. At Grieta Aventura, we are certified sports technicians in Ravines. Active, professional guides, and we have been in the profession more than 11 years.
– Equipment and material
– Logistics of a descent
– Knot-tying. Knots
– Rope progression techniques
– Rappel set-up in ravines.
– Releasable Rappel . Different methods
– Different uses of belay device
– Fortune Rappel as a result of material loss
– Hand-hold set-up
– Safety knots and fastening to the rest of equipment
– Correct Techniques progression in different situations
– Techniques and practice climbing downward and climbing down safely. Centers of gravity
– Techniques and practice about Opposition. Types of opposition and when to use each one.
– Safe escapes. Progression techniques with rope. Abandoning the ravine.
– Interpretation and lecture of maps and reviews
– Correct itinerary election
– Risk Management
– Sport sneakers with laces to be able to walk in the river
– Sports clothes
– Extra set of clothes and shoes to be able to change
– Bathing suit
– light-weight backpack
– Sandwich type food
– a FULL water-bottle
– 2 ropes 1,5 metres and 6mm diametre
– 2 D-shape security carabiner + 2 HMS carabiners
– Flat strap or rope for anchor
– Professor-Guide licenses by the EEAM sports technician in canyoning.
– Personal Material (certified neoprene suit, rock boots, helmet, and harness)
– Collective and Safety Material (ropes, backpacks, water-proof canisters,…)
– Didactic material
– Accident Insurance
– Guarantee of small groups to better take advantage of the experience
– Items previously mentioned in the “necessary material” section
– Nor Transport nor accommodations offered for the students